How do I change the name on my deed?

To change the name on a deed, you must record a new deed with Official Records to replace the deed currently on file. You can obtain a blank deed form from an office supply store. The staff in the Recording Department cannot assist you with filling out the form, as it is a legal document.

If you are uncomfortable preparing the deed yourself, we suggest you consult an attorney or title company.

Show All Answers

1. What is the mailing address for the Recording Office?
2. How do I calculate recording fees?
3. What is the current rate for documentary stamps and/or intangible tax?
4. How do I change the name on my deed?
5. What are the recording requirements for deeds?
6. What are the general recording requirements for other documents?