Juvenile Delinquency services are located in the Criminal Division of the Clerk of Circuit Court's Office. Juvenile Delinquency handles criminal court cases involving individuals under the age of 18, who have not been charged as an adult.
Juvenile Delinquency is one area of the court system and is not associated with the Department of Juvenile Justice, the Department of Children and Families, or any other agency dealing with juveniles.
Most juvenile records are confidential. As mandated by Florida law, the clerk’s office cannot give out any information over the phone or on the internet about any juvenile cases. To view a court file, the authorized person must appear in person with a government issued I.D.
Juvenile Delinquency works closely with the Judiciary, State Attorneys, Public Defenders, Department of Juvenile Justice, law enforcement, and other agencies in carrying out its mission. Juvenile Delinquency, upon receiving the proper paperwork, creates a file, maintains all required records, and provides a wide variety of customer services.
The Juvenile Delinquency Division is located on the second floor of the Constitutional Building at 100 SE Ocean Boulevard in Stuart. The office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- The only parties who may inspect a juvenile file without a court order
- Links to Key Agencies for Juvenile Issues
- Parent(s) listed on the Juvenile Arrest or Complaint Affidavit
- Parent(s) listed on the Shelter and/or Dependency Petition
- Attorney for parent and/or child: after Notice of Appearance is filed with the Clerk’s Office
- Law enforcement officer: only as to the offense they were charged or arrested on
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Department of Children and Families
- State Attorney
- Public Defender
- Department of Corrections
- Guardian or legal custodian of child listed on the Juvenile Arrest or Complaint Affidavit
- Guardian ad litem
- Government agencies such as recruiting officers may receive limited information if there is a written consent by the applicant for us to search our records.